Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zoe Brigley Thompson

I attended the Zoe Brigley Thompson reading and I hope that made be a better human being as promised. Joking aside, I really enjoyed listening to this Celtic tradition poet whose poems were different from anything I had ever read before. I had never heard of Mrs. Thompson going into the night, but I was pleasantly surprised with her poems as well as her explanation behind the poems. The range of her poems was very wide, with some concerning the Welsh outside of my own understanding, but I still liked the images and ideas that she presented. She spent a lot of time talking about a painter that she was inspired from as well as her time in the Bronte compound. I couldn't help but compare this artist two the fiction and non-fiction readings I had gone to this year. I definitely felt like I was able to gain the most from this reading to help me in my work. Mrs. Thompson really cared about her work, and her heritage, in a way that was obvious to all who attended and it really helped make the night enjoyable. I didn't expected I would have enjoyed this reading as much as I did, and I'm thankful I gave Zoe and her work a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment